Johor Bahru / Iskandar Malaysia, 4/11/11:
(Sharing the latest photo and video of PTP after its 12 years old)
Port of Tanjung Pelepas is a port for container ships located on the
eastern south-western Johor. Receiving its maiden vessel on 10 October 1999
on a three-month trial operation, it set a world record as the fastest
growing port with 1 million Twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) of containers
handled after 571 days of operations. The good performance sealed the port’s fate, and it was officially launched by then Prime Minister of Malaysia,
Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, on 13 March 2000.
Very disappointed with the poor maintenance of PTP Highway.
Gelang Patah, July’11; do you know there is a modern village near Johor Bahru district? The name “Pendas” maybe strange for you, but it’s known as then most modern kampung in the country. The uniqueness of Kampung Pendas Baru were:
1. a fishing village that’s also offered fishing boats to others.
2. each house in the village were built on the mangrove area, with chalet style.
3. Apart from Malay residences, there are also small group of Chinese and Indian in the Kampung.
4. there are an modern mosque, badminton court and gathering hall built in the Village.
Let’s discover Kampung Pendas Baru through the photo here:
– entrance to Kampung Pendas Baru
Source : The Star newspaper